PDA

View Full Version : ATI issues

raziel23x
25th October 2007, 02:44 AM
I Am using a old ATI graphics card the X1300 512 MB.

I Am having issues viewing screen such as QT3 and a few other graphic interfaces.

I can get blender to run fine but I just installed Maya 8.5 on the machine and all I get is a black screen with the graph in the center of it. I have used the install DVD and installed the Windows Version on my XP Partition and have no problems with the program running.

I have the latest ATI Catalyst Control Center and drivers installed from the ATI website for Fedora.

I have talked to a few other people who I work with on the NifTools project over on Sourceforge and they told me that Linux in general has issues with ATI Cards.

I Am new to the program so i am not sure what other information you will need to help me resolve the issue.

Seve
25th October 2007, 03:35 AM
Hello:
I don't have an ATI card, however, I understand that a new driver has been released. Which may or may not address your issue(s).
See : http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=169915

Seve

raziel23x
25th October 2007, 11:49 AM
thanks that did the job and fixed my issues with getting Maya Linux build as well as Qt to work like it should.

I don't understand the 5 billion steps to convert the ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run into 5 rpm file when it is just easier to just open a terminal and go into the folder that you downloaded the run file and just for example type sh ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run and it will run the ATI Self installer which will let you automatically install the parts you want.

leigh123linux
25th October 2007, 11:58 AM
thanks that did the job and fixed my issues with getting Maya Linux build as well as Qt to work like it should.

I don't understand the 5 billion steps to convert the ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run into 5 rpm file when it is just easier to just open a terminal and go into the folder that you downloaded the run file and just for example type sh ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run and it will run the ATI Self installer which will let you automatically install the parts you want.

It is easier to remove rpm's and is less likely to blow out libGL and the ati self installer has never worked properly in the past

Kolkata Photos on Instagram - Goeteborg Instagram Photos - Algiers -