PDA

View Full Version : USB Mouse on laptop under 2.6 (FC2 test 3)

JJoSA
5th May 2004, 12:09 AM
I'm wondering if anyone can assist with this, as I've yet to find a solution that works.

Here's the situation. My wife's laptop (IBM Thinkpad A21) is currently running FC2-T3. Everything is working fine except the USB mouse attached to it.

Under 2.4 kernels, the USB mouse worked just fine, but the built-in mouse (not a touch-pad) did not. That is fine, as she doesn't like the built-in.

Once I switched the box to a 2.6 kernel (even under FC1 builds) the built-in mouse began to work, but the USB mouse would not (even though it worked during the installation).

I've found some resources showing the XConfig file change to allow the core mouse to work with USB but any changes I make have not made a difference.

I'm assuming I just don't have the conifgs correct in order for the USB mouse to be detected instead of (or in addition to) the built-in.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Jman
5th May 2004, 01:42 AM
I like trying the Red Hat graphical tools first. Main Menu > System Settings > Mouse. This only allows for one mouse though. Perhaps before you do this you could backup the XF86Config file and examine the differences. Maybe you could combine them if you wanted both pointers.

Picomp314
5th May 2004, 01:51 AM
I doubt that the problem lies within XF86Config
Rather look at /etc/modules.conf, and also try to find the correct module needed for your particular USB mouse...
i.e. -> Brand Name, Model #, etc...

kai_t
7th May 2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Picomp314
Rather look at /etc/modules.conf, and also try to find the correct module needed for your particular USB mouse...
i.e. -> Brand Name, Model #, etc... No specific kernel module should be needed, as USB mice are commonly handled by the "hid" module.

@ JJoSA

Please attach your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, and post the output of /sbin/lsmod with the USB mouse connected.

Fes Instagram Photos - Umraniye Instagram Photos - Zhenjiang -