View Full Version : asus f3sv laptop & fedora 7 not installing
2nd September 2007, 01:52 PM
I am a new user in forum. I am not goog in English speak. Excuse me...
I bought a new laptop as Asus f3sv. But i cannot fedora 7 on its.
I boot fedora 7 dvd's and I passed grub with enter. Then ;
No driver found:
Unable to find any devicess of the type needed for this installation type. Would you like to manually select your driver or use a driver disk.
At this time, I choose "Use a driver disk" and I choose Asusf3sv.bin on Driver Disk Source. But that is message occured:
There are multiple partitions on this device which could contain the driver disk image. Which you would you like to use?
2nd September 2007, 03:11 PM
I had the same problem with my Asus F3SC. I did the following:
1. Put the Fedora 7 image (iso file) on memory stick.
2. Connect the stick to an USB port
3. Run the Fedora 7 setup from your DVD (the same what you are doing now)
3. Then when the installer complains about the drivers, choose one of the options (do not remember it not - it is something like "Use disk" or something similar) and load the iso image from the memory stick by selecting the the deice which is probably sdb1 or sdc1.
4. Then wait a while, The installer should find the Fedora iso image on the memory stick and run the setup.
5. Continue to install your Fedora
2nd September 2007, 03:14 PM
Check the following link:
It is related to the problem you are having.
2nd September 2007, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately, I installed that is way. Error messages is:
install exited abnormally [1/1]
unmounting filesystems .... disabling /dev/loop6
/dev/pts done /sys done
you may safely reboot your system..
3rd September 2007, 09:06 AM
If you have fat32 partition under windows copy iso image to hard disk and select source sdaX during install.
burn /images/boot.iso in to cdrom for booting.
5th September 2007, 02:45 PM
QUOTE=brr872002]If you have fat32 partition under windows copy iso image to hard disk and select source sdaX during install.
burn /images/boot.iso in to cdrom for booting.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, The problem didn't solved.
3rd October 2007, 08:48 AM
i had a similar problem n my ASUS F3SC but once i had gotten it installed i only got terminal function and the user interface didn't start up. I believe it has something to do with Xorg not liking my graphics card but i dont no how to fix it.
Can someone please help me
P.S. Preferably no references to yum as i can't access the internet either.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.