PDA

View Full Version : gmedia streamer

leo5111
12th August 2007, 10:06 PM
i installed the rpm it said resolved depency and installed but i cant find it.... :mad:

leigh123linux
12th August 2007, 10:11 PM
i installed the rpm it said resolved depency and installed but i cant find it.... :mad:

are you sure you got the name right , I have never heard of this program

leo5111
12th August 2007, 10:23 PM
gmediaserver i meant...oops but i still cant find it EDIT i found it but iut wont launch

martin.sourada
12th August 2007, 10:24 PM
are you sure you got the name right , I have never heard of this program

I wonder too... yum search gmedia shows http://www.gnu.org/software/gmediaserver/

but I would rather guess he means gstreamer... but that should be installed by default :confused:

But in case it is gstreamer... its config is in system->preferences->hardware->multimedia systems selector or gstreamer-properties and it's located in gnome-media package.

martin.sourada
12th August 2007, 10:30 PM
gmediaserver i meant...oops but i still cant find it

Hm... in that case I think you are stuck with CLi... Configuration is in /etc/sysconfig/gmediaserver and it should be configured as a service, so if you go to system->administration->services or system-config-services you should be able to run/stop/restart and enable/disable it there. man gmediaserver might be also useful...

leo5111
12th August 2007, 10:31 PM
incase you didnt reead my edit its gmediaserver and i found it and made a icon but it doesnt launch im trying to figure out why

leigh123linux
12th August 2007, 10:31 PM
gmediaserver i meant...oops but i still cant find it EDIT i found it but iut wont launch

it looks like Cli only to me

[root@localhost ~]# gmediaserver --help
Usage: gmediaserver [OPTIONS]... DIRECTORIES...
Run the UPnP media server.

--friendly-name=NAME set display name for media server
--disable-tags do not scan files for tags
--fs-charset=CHARSET character set used in file names
--device-charset=CHARSET character set used in the player device
--log-charset=CHARSET character set used in logs and display
-v, --verbose[=LEVEL] set verbosity level (0-4)
--pid-file=FILE write pid to FILE when up and running
-i, --interface=NAME listen on a specific interface
-p, --port=PORT listen on a specific port
-o, --output=LOGFILE file for logging
-b, --background go to background (detach)
--no-timestamp do not prepend timestamp to log entries
--timestamp[=FORMAT] prepend timestamp with optional time format
--profile=NAME specify profile (see below)
--file-types=TYPE[,..] list of file types to serve (see docs)
--expire-time=SECONDS advertisement expire time (default 100)
--help display this help and exit
--version output version information and exit

The directories arguments specify where audio files are located.
See strftime(3) for description of the timestamp format.

A profile specified with --profile enables settings for a certain device.
The following values are valid for --profile:

generic no custom settings
mp101 Netgear MP101
dms1 Omnifi DMS1

Report bugs to <oskar@osk.mine.nu>.
[root@localhost ~]#

martin.sourada
12th August 2007, 10:33 PM
EDIT i found it but iut wont launch

It's a service... just run (with root privileges) service gmediaserver start and see how it works. If it works than enable it as described above. I quickly tried it and it works for me.

leo5111
12th August 2007, 10:33 PM
hmm is there a gui UPnP streaming software?? EDIT i tried that command said command not found

martin.sourada
12th August 2007, 10:35 PM
hmm is there a gui UPnP streaming software??

hmm... I don't know... Try gnomefiles (http://www.gnomefiles.org) if you find something there. But I would wonder... Server things usually are CLi only...

martin.sourada
12th August 2007, 10:38 PM
EDIT i tried that command said command not found

Ok... when I said root privileges I meant also with root search path... so $ su -
# service gmediaserver start the $ and # are there to symbolize privileges, don't type them (they should be already on the terminal) and don't forget to type the su - with the dash. It will ask for a root password.

Dies
12th August 2007, 10:41 PM
hmm is there a gui UPnP streaming software?? EDIT i tried that command said command not found

Yes. Media Tomb (http://mediatomb.cc/pages/download#fedora) has a nice web interface that you can access from any browser and you can use it to set it up.

leo5111
12th August 2007, 10:42 PM
i logged in with su became root got same thing again command notfound

martin.sourada
12th August 2007, 10:47 PM
i logged in with su became root got same thing again command notfound

did you typed su - or su? The dash is important. If it still fails look into /sbin for a program called service.

EDIT: it's not dash, but hyphen... my bad knowledge of English punctuation... :D

leo5111
12th August 2007, 11:20 PM
dies, its installed wanna help me config it???

Dies
12th August 2007, 11:35 PM
Just run mediatomb in a terminal. It will show it starting up and provide you with a link to the web interface, right click on it and select Open Link. Once it opens up in a browser you can just navigate your filesystem and click on a folder then on the plus sign to add it to your shared folders, there should be an autoscan icon too. Not sure about the 360 but the PS3 just picks it right up and it also has a "Search for media servers" option.

leo5111
12th August 2007, 11:44 PM
how do i start mediatomb in terminal? EDIT and how can i tell for sure its installed correctly all dependcys etc

martin.sourada
13th August 2007, 12:28 AM
EDIT and how can i tell for sure its installed correctly all dependcys etc
If you installed it as a rpm package then thus:
su -
yum -y install yum-utils-1.1.5-1.fc7
package-cleanup --problems

leo5111
13th August 2007, 12:40 AM
i got it installed 360 wont see it anyone know how to install ushare?? does it have a web based gui like mediatomb on its page it even claims its latest build works with the 360 but i was pulling my hair out trying to get the depencys resolved

leo5111
13th August 2007, 12:47 AM
Error: no content directory to be shared. im gettin that when i run ushare how do i set the folder??

PolkaGuy6000
1st November 2009, 02:40 AM
I'm trying to serve too and having some issues I don't know if this post is the best place but I'll give it a try.
When trying to stream I'm getting
Found regular file 'example.mp3'
Matched no type
Skipping (file type excluded)
I've tried having the program include unknown file types but then my PS3 doesn't see the files.

JM Coffee Roasters Instagram Photos - FM 444 - Factory Club - Circolo ACSI - Glenroy Auditorium Travel Photos on Instagram - House of Fortune Photos on Instagram