PDA

View Full Version : how to change NTFS to VFATorFIPS ???

bbaalloonn
22nd July 2007, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know how to change Drive D: NTFS file system to VFAT or FIPS?

i want to install fedora in drive D: so that i can dual boot with windows XP in drive C:
this is my first time installing Linux program, none of my friends or anybody i know r using Linux, they all r using windows, so i dunno whom to ask.

I'm not very good in progamming either, so pls explain or give me the instruction using simple words for a newbie. thx in advance :)

stoat
23rd July 2007, 12:57 AM
Hi bbaalloonn,

You don't really have to do that. The Fedora installer can remove existing partitions and create what it needs (or what you select). It can also deal with free unpartitioned space. So go ahead and get started.

mobsta
23rd July 2007, 02:33 AM
Or you can delete the partition from within XP. First backup everything you need of the drive. then right-click on My Computer and select Manage. "Computer Management" consol will open up, click on disk management under Storage menu. Right-click the D drive and delete. Once that's over start the installation and select the unpartitioned space as Stoat suggested.

Good luck M8

bbaalloonn
24th July 2007, 01:07 PM
I did it...Yay......yay...i've installed fedora to drive D: :cool:
i can do dual booting now.
i'm still using windows cos the wireless connection doesn't work when i boot fedora, i think it has something to do with the compatibility with my wireless device ( intel pro/wireless 3945ABG)

thx for helping me on the installation mates :)

Mikhaylovsk Instagram Photos - Garges-les-Gonesse Photos on Instagram - Kouvola