PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Favorite Linux ScreenSaver?

imdeemvp
29th April 2004, 10:25 AM
One of the things i like about linux it is that most distros have a bundle of screensavers!

My favorite is called: 'strange' and second follows: 'the matrix'...... i personally think they are both very cool!

Whats yours?

Jman
3rd May 2004, 02:31 AM
I like a lot that come with the xscreensaver bundle in Feodra. A few of my favorites are Gears, Flying Toasters, and GLMatrix.

There are some really good screensavers in the Really Slick Screensavers collection (http://rss-glx.sourceforge.net/).

Eli
3rd May 2004, 02:50 AM
My favorite is 'pyro' followed by 'laser.'

Which leads to a question, and one that I have.
Back in the Day, RedHat 4.2, you could smack a screensaver on your desktop and make the Windows users scowl inside. Why can't you do that now, or can you???

Bana
3rd May 2004, 03:06 AM
What about Preferences->Screensavers? My favorites are galaxy and euler (Galaxy is SO AWESOME!)

crackers
3rd May 2004, 04:06 AM
Personally, I'm just blown away by GLMatrix. That's my default at home, as well as at work. And sometimes, just to give my co-workers the willies, I'll run it on the root window behind my usual 4 or 5 aterm windows... :D

Jamnagar Photos on Instagram - Hadithah Travel Photos on Instagram - Ho Chi Minh City Photos