PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Tourament help

Boris Cat
27th May 2007, 09:51 PM
Hi all

After yesterday's fun and games installing FC6/64 on my box, I'd thought I'd try installing some games
Not for me the gnome games, but seeing as I have a windoze copy of UT, I'd thought I'd give that a whirl :)

However...... :rolleyes:
After slapping the UT install disc into the cd drive
and running the command on the linux install file I get the following

[BorisXp@Boris3 ~]$ sh unreal.tournament_436-multilanguage.goty.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Unreal Tournament 436-multilanguage.goty Installer......................................... ...........................................
/home/BorisXp/.setup5213: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas to help me out here :confused:

Boris

'One day I'll run out of questions to ask, but not today'

leigh123linux
27th May 2007, 10:00 PM
Have you checked to see what provides libgtk-1.2.so.0

/home/BorisXp/.setup5213: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

yum provides libgtk-1.2.so.0

Check with the above command

In CentOS its gtk+.i386 and you will probably need both 32bit & 64 bit versions

su -
yum install gtk+.i386

Boris Cat
28th May 2007, 01:38 AM
Well the first command did'nt work :(

But the second did. :) ....... just a shame I cant find the 2nd installation disk at the moment :mad:

Boris

Linux newbie #1 765 123 941

28th May 2007, 02:47 AM
Gord unreal tourn is still fun to play :)

Boris Cat
1st June 2007, 09:36 PM
Well.......... an update

I found the other disc and began the install........ after running the 2 commands listed above, it still did'nt want to play on this box, a Fedora 6 x64, however it installed perfectly on the other box Fedora 6, so a swift copying of the UT folder from there to here and voila.... UT deathmatching :)

Only 1 problem remains..... the game runs about 5 times faster than the windows version..... makes the action a bit ermmm fun lol

Boris

Kralupy nad Vltavou Travel Photos on Instagram - Tacuarembo - Makurazaki Instagram Photos