PDA

View Full Version : REMOTE CONTROLLER with bt878 kozumi KTV-01C

tauro_kpo
19th April 2007, 11:48 PM
Hello!

I recently bought the kozumi KTV-01C that is a very cheap pci tv card.

When I booted linux (fc 6) it autoloaded the modules bttv, and bt878.

But with tvtime, zapping, xawtv, or kdetv I was getting no signal, so I looked up in internet and I found how to configure it correctly, I have to rmmod the modules that are loaded by default and modprobe them with correct parameters.

modprobe bttv radio=1 pll=1 tuner=38 card=51 (if I put remote=1 it is the same, the controller doesn't work) (with card=70 it works exactly the same)

modprobe bt878 verbose=1

This way I can see tv, some channels don't work so good, but w/e.

The radio works perfectly with gnomeradio, but, the thing I just have left to configure it great is to make the remote controller to work.

I've been reading about lirc, but no, I don't know how to configure this. Is this the app I have to use?

All works perfect in Win Xp, but it's a shame I have to use it every time I want to watch tv.

Can anybody help?

Firewing1
20th April 2007, 12:20 AM
If you'd like for this to happen automatically on every boot, add those commands (the rmmod and modprobe) to the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.
Firewing1

tauro_kpo
20th April 2007, 12:40 AM
Thank you! That'd be useful!

But, what about the remote control?

Help me please

Firewing1
20th April 2007, 12:46 AM
The remote control I'm not sure about, I've never used one :/
Firewing1

loodpool
20th April 2007, 10:50 AM
for remote controle, use LIRC. Do a google for this.

tauro_kpo
20th April 2007, 10:58 PM
I downloaded and installed lirc's rpms: lirc, lirc-lib, lirc-lib-devel, lirc-devices, and for last lirc-kmdl.

No way, I don't know how to configure the ir control remote reciever from the card in my fedora core 6.

I arranged a picture so you can see what kind of card, and ir receiver it is:

www.mauriciofernandez.com.ar/imagenes/tvcard.png

Could anybody please give me a hand on this?

I'm sure someone has done this before, so, please, don't be mean and share you knowledge.

Thank you!

lazlow
20th April 2007, 11:11 PM
Try here: http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/lirc.html

loodpool
20th April 2007, 11:20 PM
I've done it before for my hauppauge winTV. As I can remember I've compiled my self lirc from sources because the rpm didn't create /dev/lirc and I was able to control xmms and xawtv with the remote. Unfortunatly I've no more my old PC. The most difficult is to configure .lircrc
So with some efforts you can do it by yourself.

tauro_kpo
21st April 2007, 02:34 AM
Thank you for trying to help.

lazlow:

I checked http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/lirc.html but I think this is too advanced for my problem.

First I think I have to find a module that fits correctly to the card, I don't know which, but I know that it exists out there.

I think I have to configure it well first ( I don't know , so tell me if I'm wrong!) and then yes, configure lirc.

Or do I have to configure lirc, so it recognizes my ir-remote-control-receiver-attached-to-the-card first?

And loodpool:

You think I have to rpm -q the packages of lirc and install it from a .tar.gz package? Is that what you are trying to tell me? Because I installed the rpm packages and I don't get the /dev/lirc either. Do I have to necessary have it? How can I make lirc to detect my remote control receiver in the card?

Please help

loodpool
21st April 2007, 11:00 AM
/dev/lircd is necessary to start /etc/init.d/lirc daemon. I wonder if lirc-devices rpm will install any /dev/lircx.
Of course the best way would be building driver from lirc sources. Actually my use of lirc is limited to resolve rpm dependeny and I don't know if the /dev/lircd issue was resolved since. I would suggest you to try with rpm first and see if it does work. Also take a look at lirc.org HOWTO, it's very usefull.

Bari Instagram Photos - Mati Instagram Photos - Otukpa Instagram Photos