PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry Fedora I have to leave you

KRAZYBASTID
24th March 2007, 06:46 AM
Well I'm not a noob anymore. I realize now that I want i686 not x64 well I just wasted all day downloading x64 Fedora Core 6 6 damn CDs WTF!? How much crap can they shove into a Kernel. When I was a noob I thought Fedora was the World but please just do one CD like everybody else I can't take it anymore.

Wayne
24th March 2007, 06:50 AM
You only need the first two CDs to do a basic install then get everything else you need online.

Wayne

b_martinez
24th March 2007, 07:06 AM
Well I'm not a noob anymore. I realize now that I want i686 not x64 well I just wasted all day downloading x64 Fedora Core 6 6 damn CDs WTF!? How much crap can they shove into a Kernel. When I was a noob I thought Fedora was the World but please just do one CD like everybody else I can't take it anymore.
Hiya Krazy,
Glad to read that you're learning.
Still.............
Your post makes me wonder why you didn't read the documentation ...........
A few minutes of reading would have helped you to learn that the x64 is for the 64 bit processor architecture. (And saved you a lot of time and bandwidth.)
Do you 'really' want to use a primary distro?
Try downloading the FC distro again. We are not distro centric here. (Not TOO much enny waze) but we are here because we all prefer this distro. We'll help you out. .....
It's why we're here. [We could be out fishing instead.]
Remember the old saying "Nothing ventured , nothing gained" ? It applies to time spent learning, also.
Bill

ihavenoname
24th March 2007, 07:07 AM
Fedora 7 is going to be releasing an installable live-cd. Read:only one cd.
In fact there is one out for Fedora Core 6. I have it, but it was an alpha release, sort of a proof of concept.
Also, rather then downloading a new one you may be able to use that dvd to do a net install. Though I am not sure how fast your connection is and that might make a difference. That way you only download what you need.

Wayne
24th March 2007, 07:11 AM
Fedora 7 is going to be releasing an installable live-cd. Read:only one cd.
In fact there is one out for Fedora Core 6. I have it, but it was an alpha release, sort of a proof of concept.
Also, rather then downloading a new one you may be able to use that dvd to do a net install. Though I am not sure how fast your connection is and that might make a difference. That way you only download what you need.

Yes, you just choose whether you want KDE or Gnome and away you go and get the appropriate CD. For myself, I didn't care and downloaded the 5 FC6 CDs and the DVD. I'm a masochist :D

As I mentioned in another thread, Mandriva have a download DVD which contains both the i386 and 64bit installers that automatically detects your CPU, but you can choose to over-ride this if you want to install 32bit on a 64bit machine. I thought that was a good idea.

Wayne

KRAZYBASTID
24th March 2007, 07:25 AM
Well I urge people to check out a new distro called Yoper it comes with i686 when I went to The red hat project site I could only choose i386 who wants that garbage and x64 I thought x64 would run on i686 stupid me. Well anyway I urge Fedora to keep it simple I mite check in from time to time but I won't be accepting this distro anymore because there pumping out OS's faster than I can **** like Windows Vista I bought that stupid CD and I hate it no computer store wants to by it back. Well anyway I mite come back to Fedora......if they just do one simple CD but anyway I'm done with Fedora forever. CYA wouldn't want to be ya.

Wayne
24th March 2007, 07:32 AM
i386 is just a generic term for the Celeron, Pentium line of CPUs and other non 64bit CPUs. Perhaps you are still a noob after all.

Edit: You honestly don't believe Fedora would install on a 386 do you?

I hear there's a real noob friendly distro out there called Ubuntu.

Wayne

KRAZYBASTID
24th March 2007, 07:53 AM
Maybe if I had a junk computer I'd put i386 on it. Who you calling noob, noob. :)

b_martinez
24th March 2007, 08:16 AM
I b runnin on a 3 year old AMD X86_64, and I been usin the 64 bitsince it came out. P'rhaps it's cuz you dint look at the info that u bin calld 'nuub'?
"never jump inta a sitchy-ashun lessen u know what's there" -- Drill Sergeant Chiguina
No intense offended. :D
Bill
edit: my apologies, that was totally uncalled for.
Bill

Demz
24th March 2007, 08:44 AM
seems like Krazy dont no the difference betweeni386 an i686 an so forth, Google works wonders, suggest you use it, as Wayne said, you dont think Fedora would actually install onto a 386 do you?

u-noneinc-s
24th March 2007, 08:49 AM
Maybe if I had a junk computer I'd put i386 on it. Who you calling noob, noob. :)You are all wasting your time. You told him i386 is for Celeron/Pentium class PCs, and he is still calling it a 386 arch.

If you have a 586 machine, you install the i386 disks, and you will get a 586 optimized OS with a 586 kernel.
If you have a 686 machine, you install the i386 disks and you get a 686 optimized OS with a 686 kernel.
If you have a 386 machine you install DOS 6.x and Windows 3.x

Go back to Mexico? Where did that come from?

Wayne
24th March 2007, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately, there are people in this world who wouldn't get it even if they had the words "GET IT" tattoed on their foreheads! The OP certainly lives up to his name though :)

Reminds me of an Aussie guy I knew here who'd say something in Japanese. We would all be scratching our heads wondering what he said. Finally we would understand when he said it in English. When we pointed out he was pronouncing it wrongly he'd get all ruffled and say: "I'll say it how I want to." It never occurred to him that this might be the reason Japanese people hadn't a clue what he was saying :)

Wayne

u-noneinc-s
24th March 2007, 09:38 AM
Hell, I don't really get it, but I hang in there.

jtang613
24th March 2007, 12:07 PM
Maybe if I had a junk computer I'd put i386 on it. Who you calling noob, noob. :)
We are calling you a noob because you are. You've clearly demonstrated that you have no idea what you're talking about.

You've made several mistakes and incorrect assumpions regarding Fedora, Linux and PC architecture that have left you frustrated. But instead of taking it like a man, and learning from your mistakes, you blame everyone else and lash out when confronted.

go back to mexico
I think you'll find that this type of attitude will not gain you any respect in this community.

Your decision to leave Fedora is, of course, entirely your own. If you find a distro better suited to your 'unique' needs, then we all wish you the best of luck with it.

m2c,

leigh123linux
24th March 2007, 12:47 PM
i386 is just a generic term for the Celeron, Pentium line of CPUs and other non 64bit CPUs. Perhaps you are still a noob after all.

Edit: You honestly don't believe Fedora would install on a 386 do you?

I hear there's a real noob friendly distro out there called Ubuntu.

Wayne

You are wrong about i386 the VIA CPU still uses i386 ( i386 Compatible EDEN CPU Clock: 600MHz Bus Clock: 66MHz)

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4568803254.html

Wayne
24th March 2007, 12:52 PM
You are wrong about i386 the VIA CPU still uses i386 ( i386 Compatible EDEN CPU Clock: 600MHz Bus Clock: 66MHz)

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4568803254.html

Don't be disengenious. That has nothing to do with the Intel 386 series CPUs that we're talking about.

Metrics Sample (i386 Compatible EDEN CPU Clock: 600MHz Bus Clock: 66MHz)

Notice the word "compatible" Also notice the CPU spec:

CPU: Pentium4 (Recommended: 2GHz and above)

Wayne

leigh123linux
24th March 2007, 12:57 PM
Don't be disengenious. That has nothing to do with the Intel 386 series CPUs that we're talking about.

Metrics Sample (i386 Compatible EDEN CPU Clock: 600MHz Bus Clock: 66MHz)

Notice the word "compatible" Also notice the CPU spec:

CPU: Pentium4 (Recommended: 2GHz and above)

Wayne

The VIA CPU is a P3 based CPU ( based on a intel chip ) :p

Wayne
24th March 2007, 01:01 PM
The VIA CPU is a P3 based CPU ( based on a intel chip ) :p

Yeah and it's as close to the original 386 as Steve Balmer is to intelligent life :p

Wayne

sideways
24th March 2007, 01:05 PM
I think a P3 is i686 compatible n'est-ce pas?

The original OP (who I think's been treated a little harshly EDIT, ah, I missed the comment about mexico, now I understand)
What's with so many people still using cds anyway? I remember when you could install win95 using about 20 floppies when cds were first available. The floppy method vanished almost overnight, so how come dvds haven't obsoleted the cd install method? DVD burners cost about $20

Wayne
24th March 2007, 01:10 PM
I don't think he was treated that harshly. The word 'troll' wasn't mentioned once :) Instead of asking which version to download he blamed Fedora for HIS downloading the wrong version and not understanding the meaning of 'i386' as used by the Fedora devs.

As for the difference between CD and DVD there are still some people on dialup and a single CD version is preferable. I don't know how things are in the UK these days (Still a backwater?) but here there are several *nix mags available where one can obtain 2 or 3 distros a month from the cover disks.

Wayne

sideways
24th March 2007, 01:13 PM
I don't know how things are in the UK these days (Still a backwater?)
Wayne

Yeah pretty much ;)

leigh123linux
24th March 2007, 01:16 PM
Yeah and it's as close to the original 386 as Steve Balmer is to intelligent life :p

Wayne

I agree with both these points

The C3 only uses half the power of a standard P3, and doesn't have all the P3 instrution sets.

Wayne
24th March 2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah pretty much ;)

Well, at least there's still some good beer there, at least before Greede King really mess things up :eek:

Wayne

sideways
24th March 2007, 01:27 PM
Greede King? you must have bootleg beer over there, however, I used to enjoy a pint of Greene King, I'm a Guiness man these days.

Wayne
24th March 2007, 01:35 PM
Greede King? you must have bootleg beer over there, however, I used to enjoy a pint of Greene King, I'm a Guiness man these days.

Greene King IPA has got to be one of the most revolting beers I've tried and I read there is a big anti Greene King movement in the UK as they are swallowing up good breweries to get their rubbish sold everywhere. Guinness is unfortunately, not what it once was. The new recipe leaves a lot to be desired :( Murphy's is nearer to what Guinness was about 6 years ago, till they watered it down for the mass market. If you look at a pint of Guinness you can see some transparency at the bottom of the pint. It never used to be like that.

I'm turning into an old fart! :eek:

Wayne

sideways
24th March 2007, 01:50 PM
Greene King IPA has got to be one of the most revolting beers I've tried and I read there is a big anti Greene King movement in the UK as they are swallowing up good breweries to get their rubbish sold everywhere. Guinness is unfortunately, not what it once was. The new recipe leaves a lot to be desired :( Murphy's is nearer to what Guinness was about 6 years ago, till they watered it down for the mass market. If you look at a pint of Guinness you can see some transparency at the bottom of the pint. It never used to be like that.

I'm turning into an old fart! :eek:

Wayne

You must have a funny supplier for Japan, or maybe it just doesn't travel well. They used to brew in London, but that brewery closed last year (parts of Basic Instinct 2 were filmed there) and now all our Guiness comes from Dublin. Which means I don't have to listen to irish visitors to London going on and on about the quality.

Greene King is ok, I think it's the spread of lager that's the enemy here, can't stand the stuff.

bob
24th March 2007, 01:58 PM
I applaud you folks for two things: 1). Treating Krazybastid with more respect and tolerance than he may have deserved. 2). Changing the subject to Beer. Clearly, superior intelligence is in charge here and I will attend to other things. ;)

sailor
24th March 2007, 02:17 PM
I am afraid he is banned forever too...buh bye!
Go back where YOU came from!

glennzo
24th March 2007, 02:27 PM
There goes a prime candidate for the $100 laptop.

Wayne
24th March 2007, 02:28 PM

That's too bad. I was so looking forward to hearing how he downloaded the wrong ISOs of his next distro :eek:

Wayne

Wayne
24th March 2007, 02:30 PM
There goes a prime candidate for the $100 laptop.

You mean chalk and slate, surely? :D

Wayne

sailor
24th March 2007, 02:34 PM
I think he needs the "Speak & Spell" for ages 5 and up...:p

Wayne
24th March 2007, 02:35 PM
You must have a funny supplier for Japan, or maybe it just doesn't travel well. They used to brew in London, but that brewery closed last year (parts of Basic Instinct 2 were filmed there) and now all our Guiness comes from Dublin. Which means I don't have to listen to irish visitors to London going on and on about the quality.

Greene King is ok, I think it's the spread of lager that's the enemy here, can't stand the stuff.

Nope, this was on a trip to London and we drank the beer at a pub that keeps it's beer well. It took my friend and I half an hour to finish half a pint of GK IPA between us. I think the barmaid was unsure what to make of our grimaces :D My friend has a brewer's certificate from the Siebel Institute of Technology in Chicago and worked at a brewpub in Hawaii before that and I home brew on occasion so we're not clueless in that area :D See the link in my sig.

Edit: I see you were talking about Guinness. I've spoken with Japanese reps of Diageo, the company that owns Guinness and they were rather coy when pressed about the change to the recipe. It definitely has changed and we forced ourselves to try a pint in London just to make sure. It was no different from the stuff we get here, which is nothing like the Guinness I was drinking 6 years ago. It's lost that coffee/chocolate backtaste it used to have. Now, it's just like drinking a dark lager.

Wayne

Dan
24th March 2007, 02:37 PM
There goes a prime candidate for the $100 laptop.Jeeze, man!

That's the worst insult I've read in this entire thread!

Dan

<...:p...>

sideways
24th March 2007, 02:49 PM
Nope, this was on a trip to London and we drank the beer at a pub that keeps it's beer well. It took my friend and I half an hour to finish half a pint of GK IPA between us. I think the barmaid was unsure what to make of our grimaces :D My friend has a brewer's certificate from the Siebel Institute of Technology in Chicago and worked at a brewpub in Hawaii before that and I home brew on occasion so we're not clueless in that area :D See the link in my sig.

Edit: I see you were talking about Guinness. I've spoken with Japanese reps of Diageo, the company that owns Guinness and they were rather coy when pressed about the change to the recipe. It definitely has changed and we forced ourselves to try a pint in London just to make sure. It was no different from the stuff we get here, which is nothing like the Guinness I was drinking 6 years ago. It's lost that coffee/chocolate backtaste it used to have. Now, it's just like drinking a dark lager.

Wayne

lol, I checked your site, I bow down to you, you actually have a beer server! That's hardcore man :D

Quite a few visitors to england try the local beers and end up grimacing, it's an acquired taste. Probably why lager is so popular, it's pretty bland and hence non offensive

Wayne
24th March 2007, 03:03 PM
lol, I checked your site, I bow down to you, you actually have a beer server! That's hardcore man :D

Quite a few visitors to england try the local beers and end up grimacing, it's an acquired taste. Probably why lager is so popular, it's pretty bland and hence non offensive

Actually, I was born at the Angel in Islington (old Royal Free hospital in Liverpool Road) and grew up in the area but left in 1980 because I was bored, came back for a couple of years in the mid 1980's but got out as quick as I could when the country was starting to go downhill. Now it's really hit rock-bottom and the only way I'll be coming back to stay is in a cask! Not a beer cask either! :D

Wayne

sailor
24th March 2007, 03:03 PM
you actually have a beer server!

and lots of cute friends :D

Wayne
24th March 2007, 03:04 PM
I think he needs the "Speak & Spell" for ages 5 and up...:p

I just got one of those for my cats!

Wayne

Wayne
24th March 2007, 03:06 PM
and lots of cute friends :D

Well, it's just the thing if you want to attract women here. They can out-drink any Japanese man any day! One or two of them in that picture have out-drunk me!

Wayne

Dies
24th March 2007, 03:10 PM

Good, I'm glad you didn't let him get away with that. That was way out of line.
Hell, even I was offended and I don't even like Mexicans. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0018.gif

I'm just playing, don't hit that button....please. :D

Wayne
24th March 2007, 03:15 PM
Good, I'm glad you didn't let him get away with that. That was way out of line.
Hell, even I was offended and I don't even like Mexicans. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0018.gif

I'm just playing, don't hit that button....please. :D

I suppose it's down to how they're cooked. Some people like 'em fried, others roasted, maybe even as sushi? Tastes differ!

Wayne (Sushi sucks, seafood sucks even more!)

sideways
24th March 2007, 03:18 PM
Well, it's just the thing if you want to attract women here. They can out-drink any Japanese man any day! One or two of them in that picture have out-drunk me!

Wayne

I thought they were your posse of Harajuku Girls, a la Gwen Stefani :D

sailor
24th March 2007, 03:18 PM
My second wife is Mexican, and was quite good raw...:p

Wayne
24th March 2007, 03:21 PM
My second wife is Mexican, and was quite good raw...:p

Err, using that last tense don't you mean your second wife WAS Mexican?

Wayne

sailor
24th March 2007, 03:28 PM
She is always gonna be Mexican...and tasty.
We are separated at the moment (divorce is pending) but we still see each other often...so I am confused.
So I think it would be correct to say "she was my wife and is still tasty"
Too early in the morning to make me think...

Wayne
24th March 2007, 03:29 PM
OK. I'm out of here for the night. This thread is getting weird (What's new?) and I just watched a DVD I think I didn't want to watch. I asked my youngest (12 years old) if he had anything new and he handed me this Alien Vs Predator DVD. The originals were bad enough and I was worried that the two Pirates of the Caribbean disks I got them for Xmas would be scary! How little did I know! Am I in for a night of bad dreams!? (What's new there too!)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wayne

lazlow
24th March 2007, 03:50 PM
Wayne

I think that the Guiness you may remember is now known as extra stout. The stuff we used to get, you could not see the bottom either. So I hit my local bar owner up and he said that they were trying to reach a broader market by thinning it down. He cannot get kegs of the extra stout but he does get the bottles (orange label).

All

Why instult the one laptop project by putting it the same sentence as KB? I wouldn't mind having one for $100. Just to keep in my pack for web browsing and checking email. I think I gave more than $100 for my last stick of memory.

Lazlow

u-noneinc-s
24th March 2007, 06:34 PM
I suppose it's down to how they're cooked. Some people like 'em fried, others roasted, maybe even as sushi? Tastes differ!

Wayne (Sushi sucks, seafood sucks even more!)
I tend to limit the use of IM/email abbreviations, but this deserves a ROTFLMAO and if I was sure how to do it I would have inserted the yahoo emoticon to go along with it. :D

(Insert image? or manage attachments?)

ihavenoname
24th March 2007, 07:17 PM
I have to say that in some cases we were a bit harsh on the OP. Though this maybe because I have seen this happen to other posters before and because I didn't see the mexico comment (which I don't even understand). Still, I think that when you get a poster who is lacking in some area. The key is to ignore them. If you take the time to tell them how to correct a mistake and their response is less than adequte then we should take the time to even tell them that. In general the I'm leaving post are made to get attention, so why even give them attention if they are only wasting your time with it.

And though I am a little bitter that even though I tried to help the OP out, their response was, "I'll come back when FEDORA gets it's act together and makes a one cd install but I'm never coming back."

I don't think that continually bashing the user (especially when they are banned, solves anything. We should rise above the others. We are NOT gentoo (no offense to them).

I have seen this merciless bashing of posters in other threads as of late, and I would just like to urge everyone to simply not respond to them rather than letting them have it. Instead we should do what we do best, hijack their thread and talk about how great the next Fedora will be and completly ignore their posts. That way no one gets directly insulted and they learn that if they are going to complain they have to do so in nicer way.

byroniac
24th March 2007, 08:28 PM
I have to say that in some cases we were a bit harsh on the OP...Perhaps so....I don't think that continually bashing the user (especially when they are banned, solves anything. We should rise above the others...I agree. However, cut us some slack. We're only human. :)...I have seen this merciless bashing of posters in other threads as of late, and I would just like to urge everyone to simply not respond to them rather than letting them have it ...I can see where you are coming from, and I certainly believe in common courtesy and giving people the benefit of the doubt, at least until proven not worthy of it. Which I think became the case here. When that happens, and I'm just one person here so this is my opinion, rebukes (within reason) are certainly acceptable, and probably even necessary. I refrained from posting before now because I didn't feel like I had anything of value to say to KRAZYBASTID that hadn't already been said or implied. However, now I feel like expressing my main point: rebukes are often acceptable and sometimes necessary (only when deserved, though).

byroniac
24th March 2007, 08:32 PM
Fedora 7 is going to be releasing an installable live-cd. Read:only one cd.That is simply too cool. :cool:

Fedora keeps getting better and better (I *do* wish I had a direct gigabit connection to the internet for downloading ISOs and updates, though, but at least I'm not on dialup... :eek: )

JN4OldSchool
24th March 2007, 08:49 PM
man, I play on debian for a couple days and miss all the fun...

u-noneinc-s
24th March 2007, 08:58 PM
You mean to tell me you can't get fedoraforum on Debian? :p
If I should (for some inconceivable reason) fired up XPeePee, I'd still be loading the forum. :D

JN4OldSchool
24th March 2007, 09:01 PM
You mean to tell me you can't get fedoraforum on Debian? :p
If I should (for some inconceivable reason) fired up XPeePee, I'd still be loading the forum. :D

lol, I actually have dropped in sporadically the last two days, but have been so busy with work and a new install I totally missed this thread. Back in FC now though, doing that neglected yum update :rolleyes:

bob
24th March 2007, 09:25 PM
(Don't tell anyone, but I'm in Debian right now...yeah, that's right, DEBIAN ETCH!...whatcha gonna do 'bout it? :eek: )

Dan
24th March 2007, 09:31 PM
(Don't tell anyone, but I'm in Debian right now...yeah, that's right, DEBIAN ETCH!...whatcha gonna do 'bout it? :eek: ) Hmmm. Did you do the netinstall? I've got that DLed, but their site says etch-stable will be out very soon. If it's just going to be a matter of days, I'll wait and order the whole CD set.

Dan

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry. Forgot to answer the question.

Lesse ... how about -- Ball up my fists and quiver in supressed rage. Then stomp out the door slinging snot and kicking rocks!

Will that do?

<..:rolleyes:..>

u-noneinc-s
24th March 2007, 09:42 PM
(Don't tell anyone, but I'm in Debian right now...yeah, that's right, DEBIAN ETCH!...whatcha gonna do 'bout it? :eek: )
I'm gonna sit here and pout. :(
Actually, I have a DVD, but never got around to trying it. I "finally" have a spare partition just under 10 GB. I guess it's about time. :rolleyes:

bob
24th March 2007, 09:43 PM
Oh YEAH! Spitting and snarling all the way.... Nah, I just grabbed the first CD and installed from that. It all went very smoothly. Etch is rock solid right now and has been for the last couple of months that I've been running it. Of course, Leigh123 is the 'go-to-guy' on the distro, but those of us who have installed it have been very, very impressed.

Plossl
24th March 2007, 09:51 PM
2.6.18.6.tex1 here. No apologies. I still love Fedora.

bob
24th March 2007, 10:00 PM
Plossi, if you've got a spare partition, give Sam2007 a try too. Nice work, of course built on PCLOS, and now in Final. Haven't got Nvidia working yet, but otherwise I'm quite happy with that one.

JN4OldSchool
24th March 2007, 10:06 PM
Hey, since this thread is just BS now anyway...Guess what guys? I just got a leaked (shhh) version of the upcoming Fedora 8! They are actually going back to the Red Hat moniker. Thought I'd give it a spin!

(Actually, all the talk about FC1 and 3 got me curious so I just loaded this puppy up in vmware. Who remembers this one?)

Plossl
24th March 2007, 10:08 PM
Plossi, if you've got a spare partition, give Sam2007 a try too. Nice work, of course built on PCLOS, and now in Final. Haven't got Nvidia working yet, but otherwise I'm quite happy with that one.
Bob, that's funny because I've been fighting against doing that - this weekend, anyway. Too much to do at the moment to install anything, but you can bet I will in the next few weeks.

It's nice to see that the PCLOS forums have a section devoted to SAM. A SAM developer is there, too, sam-nico.

leigh123linux
24th March 2007, 10:13 PM
Hey, since this thread is just BS now anyway...Guess what guys? I just got a leaked (shhh) version of the upcoming Fedora 8! They are actually going back to the Red Hat moniker. Thought I'd give it a spin!

(Actually, all the talk about FC1 and 3 got me curious so I just loaded this puppy up in vmware. Who remembers this one?)

I found my copy of RH 9 and RH Enterprise AS 4 ( I might load it later ) the other day :cool:

ryptyde
25th March 2007, 03:05 AM
The SAM release is on my hit list and will be checking it out if time permits. I have gave it a whirl when it was a mini-distro and really enjoyed it.

Hate to stay on topic but I endured grief as a newb but remained steadfast with Red Hat/Fedora as my main distro but do try out other distros when time allows.

Wayne
25th March 2007, 04:17 AM
Vista is really redhat FC6 with a big wrapper

and higher hardware requirements to be able to do less :D

Wayne

u-noneinc-s
25th March 2007, 04:24 AM
There is a sticky link at the top of this (installation) forum on the 586 686 but and how to check and fix it.

clariceoshea
5th July 2011, 04:32 AM
KRAZYBASTID give fedora just one more try

Actually only 1 DVD is required if you have a DVD writer and use K3B

I'll mail one to you. The instructions this F15 are not bad.

Recommend the version with KDE Plasma...you'll be sailing soon

OOOOPS! just noticed these posts are from 2007

Ermenek - Agri Photos on Instagram - Wad Medani Photos