PDA

View Full Version : tomcat5 started with error, cant not login to tomcat manager

lnthai2002
10th January 2007, 02:39 PM
Guys,
My tomcat server starts with the following error, is it serious? How can I fix it?

/etc/init.d/tomcat5 start
Starting tomcat5: /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jdbc-stdext Java extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jndi Java extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not found for this jvm
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jaas Java extension for this JVM
/usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not found for this jvm
find: warning: you have specified the -mindepth option after a non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-mindepth affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it). Please specify options before other arguments.

find: warning: you have specified the -maxdepth option after a non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-maxdepth affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it). Please specify options before other arguments.

Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/share/tomcat5
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/share/tomcat5
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat5/temp
Using JRE_HOME: opt/jdk1.5.0_09/jre
[ OK ]
When i try to open http://localhost:8080/admin
I put the root username and password but it wont let me in. This is my first time install tomcat (through yum), I dont know much about this, i just want to set up a servlet container to practice servlet programming. How can I config tomcat in a fastest way? (/etc/tomcat5/tomcat5.conf does not have much to edit)
Hope to get some help soon. TIA
THAI

brandor
10th January 2007, 06:39 PM
The reason this is happening is because you've changed the version of java the startup script wants to use. Instead of using the fedora version, you're using sun's version.

This shouldn't cause any problems for what you are wanting to do.

*Edit*
Just noticed that you mentioned you couldn't log in as root. You need to set up a user to login to the tomcat admin pages. The tomcat documentation will tell you how to do this.

Rancho Santa Margarita Instagram Photos - Santa Cruz de la Palma Travel Photos on Instagram - Wanxian