PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars ???

ukphil
28th November 2006, 05:25 PM
can u play Guild Wars on Fedora?????

hiberphoptik
28th November 2006, 05:37 PM
yes, i am playing it right now on monitor #1

you can use cedega, maybe wine but im not sure if wine plays it.

ukphil
28th November 2006, 05:55 PM
sorry im a n00b dont understand what that is

hiberphoptik
28th November 2006, 06:01 PM
sorry im a n00b dont understand what that is

www.winehq.com

opr

www.transgaming.com

ukphil
28th November 2006, 06:02 PM
you have to pay for it:(

hiberphoptik
28th November 2006, 06:11 PM
wine is free

Thetargos
28th November 2006, 06:16 PM
su -
password:
yum -y install wine-core wine-tools
exit
winecfg
wine /path/to/GuildWars-installer
wine /path/to/GuildWars-main-exe

When running winecfg you should pay special attention to the devices tab (drives? I'm using spanish locale, so I'm not sure of the English term) and select autodetect so your tree is available to wine, uncheck the ALSA sound driver (games crash when using that) and check your graphics settings...

And see how it goes.

ukphil
28th November 2006, 06:20 PM
:( dont no what im doing

Thetargos
28th November 2006, 09:43 PM
Here's a brief summary:

You need to install a wrapper program called wine which will allow you to run unmodified Windows binary programs on Linux.
You use the program to attempt and try to run the Windows binary, in this case Guild Wars, on your Linux machine.
But you have to install the game first. And wine implements a series of Windows mechanisms and APIs (DirectX included) so the programs can be executed, this include also the registry and reading from it.
Yoiu will have to first test with the "bare bones" (AKA console, CLI) and if all works you may simply create a launcher (shortcut) to start the game from the GUI.

millsm
25th October 2007, 02:26 PM
If you could play guild wars, via, then on the guild wars box it would say compatible - windows- macintosh-linux, the day they support it, I will format my drive and spend a day off mapping.

Changuinola - Tamandare Photos on Instagram - Marseille 05 Instagram Photos