PDA

View Full Version : Warped disks

Wayne
19th November 2006, 02:43 AM
Really weird! A couple of week's ago about 4 or 5 DVDs of "data" :D fell behind my desk and yesterday I finally got round to moving my desk and fishing them out. Somehow about 3 of them got warped just from sitting there! I've put them under a couple of heavy books in the hope that it will flatten them again! I'll give them a week and see if it works and snag the "data" off of them and burn it to new disks.

Wayne

Seve
19th November 2006, 02:54 AM
Hello Wayne:
Just put them on the front seat of your car on a sunny day ... that should straighten them right out :D

Seve

Wayne
19th November 2006, 03:03 AM
Hello Wayne:
Just put them on the front seat of your car on a sunny day ... that should straighten them right out :D

Seve

Hi Seve,

Very good idea except someone must have stolen my car, there isn't one in the parking space. There's a rusty old bicycle with 2 punctures and a torn saddle. Will that do? :D

Seve
19th November 2006, 03:07 AM
Hi Seve,

Very good idea except someone must have stolen my car, there isn't one in the parking space. There's a rusty old bicycle with 2 punctures and a torn saddle. Will that do? :D
Hello Wayne:

How are you doing?

You know, some of the best solutions do involve low-tech, so give er a shot. :)
On the other-hand the book thing make work even better!
Seve

Wayne
19th November 2006, 03:10 AM
Hello Wayne:

How are you doing?

You know, some of the best solutions do involve low-tech, so give er a shot. :)
On the other-hand the book thing make work even better!
Seve

Doing good, Seve, and you? Although I do feel a bit 'yeasty' today! Finished off the last pint of my last batch of homebrew and there's some crud at the bottom of the keg. Still, yeast is a good source of vitamin B :D

I'm all for low-tech. I believe in the 'KISS' principle. Some people like to find the most difficult way to solve the most trivial of problems :rolleyes:

Wayne

Seve
19th November 2006, 03:15 AM
Hello Wayne:
Things are generally very well. :)

It sounds like you are doing well with your diy brewing? I wish I had the room / facilities to get it going again myself.
You may pay for that extra yeast later on tonight in the form of excess gas :D

Seve

Dies
19th November 2006, 03:21 AM
It's not that wierd, it happens to round objects when you stand them on their side for extended periods, O.K. maybe it's wierd for it to happen to a DVD but I used to work on cars and you can't stand brake rotors on their side because they warp over time.

Wayne
19th November 2006, 03:23 AM
Hello Wayne:
Things are generally very well. :)

It sounds like you are doing well with your diy brewing? I wish I had the room / facilities to get it going again myself.
You may pay for that extra yeast later on tonight in the form of excess gas :D

Seve

Strike a match, it might warm things up a bit! :D It certainly is chilly today, can't get over how quickly the weather turns here. Supposedly 11C in central Tokyo.

I keep meaning to start on my stout for the holidays but I have to find some way of keeping the brew bucket warm, especially at night. Space is a problem for me too, you can imagine the size of Japanese rabbit warrens :D This house is actually quite big but with two large kids, 2 curious cats and a tiny kitchen I have to squeeze my brew bucket into a tiny corner. I was thinking of buying a chair-sized electrically heated mat to put under the bucket, that wouldn't take up any visible space!

Wayne

Seve
19th November 2006, 03:27 AM
Hello Wayne:
Just a thought, if you already haven't explored this one yet.

You could try the old heat lamp or even a trouble light with a high wattage bulb. Either or both would probably warm things up enough.

Seve

Wayne
19th November 2006, 03:28 AM
It's not that wierd, it happens to round objects when you stand them on their side for extended periods, O.K. maybe it's wierd for it to happen to a DVD but I used to work on cars and you can't stand brake rotors on their side because they warp over time.

Well, one thing I've learned from this is if it happens again to fish them out ASAP :D

Warped Wayne

Wayne
19th November 2006, 05:13 AM
Hello Wayne:
Just a thought, if you already haven't explored this one yet.

You could try the old heat lamp or even a trouble light with a high wattage bulb. Either or both would probably warm things up enough.

Seve

I've got the air-conditioner (heater) blowing down on them :D

Right, just added 3 more photo galleries to my homepage! Usual stuff, beer, beer.... and more beer :eek:

Wayne

Seve
19th November 2006, 05:16 AM
I've got the air-conditioner (heater) blowing down on them :D

Right, just added 3 more photo galleries to my homepage! Usual stuff, beer, beer.... and more beer :eek:

Wayne
Hello Wayne:

I like your site, very nice, the last web pages I built was in 1996 and it was for my kids.
My eyes are lowered in your presence :cool:

Seve

Wayne
19th November 2006, 05:22 AM
Hello Wayne:

I like your site, very nice, the last web pages I built was in 1996 and it was for my kids.
My eyes are lowered in your presence :cool:

Seve

Thanks Seve, although it's just a simple table layout. I'm not good a building websites, my talents lie elswhere, at least, I hope they do :D

I just wanted to throw something together dedicated to my favourite beverage :rolleyes:

Wayne

Barranquilla - Coimbatore Travel Photos on Instagram - Dammam Instagram Photos -