PDA

View Full Version : How About A Live Chat Room?

imdeemvp
11th April 2004, 11:09 PM
I dont want to discredit this forum.....this is only a suggestion, OK!

But I found out the mandrakeusers.org has a live chat room! This feature will really be COOL here in the Fedora Forum!

AND it is also avaliable in Grupo Fedora En Espanol! http://www.fedora-es.com/

So what do you think guys, it this possible here?

Thanks....btw....I USE Fedora Core 1 90% of my time now!

Ug
12th April 2004, 12:06 PM
Well #fedora on irc.freenode.org is the main Fedora chat room. And we don't really need one - since we're a forum.

Varkk
12th April 2004, 12:20 PM
Well another forum site I'm on has a DC hub associated with it (unofficially) It perhaps sees more action from the 'core' members of that community than the forums themselves.

It is perhaps an idea to think about. Or else we could just all take over the fedora IRC

Ug
12th April 2004, 12:35 PM
We do have a room on IRC where some members of staff occasionally frequent, but its little more than that.

Its certainly not somewhere to seek help. If you really want to talk to us, then you should be able to find us in #fedoraforum on irc.freenode.net - but i doubt anyone is in there now.

Jman
12th April 2004, 12:39 PM
The way it works now, feodraforum covers the forum and freenode.net does IRC. It works out well, IMHO.

Congratulations on getting Fedora to work for almost everything.

Ug
12th April 2004, 12:44 PM
Yea, whats the other 10% which you use windows for?

imdeemvp
12th April 2004, 01:22 PM
i work in a pharmacy a nd i have to update my epocrates every week.....something i am not able to do with fedora the applications is winzdooz only! and when i have free time i like to play HALO and UT2003 and i also have Battlefield 1942 so i guess that makes my 10%. Just imagine a 36yrs old playint HALO! I just do it to compete with my son! ;)

Ug
12th April 2004, 01:27 PM
Well couldn't you investigate using WINE (http://www.winehq.org/) to fulfil those requirements?

I know Wine X will allow you to play Halo, UT2k3 and BF42.

Varkk
12th April 2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ug
Well couldn't you investigate using WINE (http://www.winehq.org/) to fulfil those requirements?

I know Wine X will allow you to play Halo, UT2k3 and BF42.

Or better yet with ut2k3 is pop in disk 3 and run the linux installer script. But winex is having difficulties with BF1942 as far as I have heard, it seems each new patch breaks it.

Ug
12th April 2004, 02:03 PM
Or that as well. ;)

Prometheus
12th April 2004, 06:05 PM
BF1942 has problems period. I dont htink it matters if its for windows or linux, its got some serious issues. The Battlefield Vietnam is even worse, havent even released a linux server version yet cause the windows one is so buggy. the BF series has some major issues that need fixing.

Ug
12th April 2004, 08:03 PM
I've just ordered BF Vietnam. :D

Mexico City Instagram Photos - Guwahati Travel Photos on Instagram - Ajmer Travel Photos on Instagram -