PDA

View Full Version : Verizon WWAN Wireless Broadband

obviousheart221
12th October 2006, 07:05 PM
Has anyone successfully managed to configure Verizon's WWAN Wireless internet service in Fedora?

PompeyBlue
12th August 2008, 09:51 PM
Seems like we're well ahead of the curve. I'm looking at getting t-mobile running on my new Sony Vaio. The only thing I've come across is that lsusb seems to list a whole bunch of devices. I'm presuming, one of which, is the WWAN device.

PompeyBlue
14th August 2008, 02:51 AM
I can only presume that the drivers just aren't out in open source land, YET!.

I've gone with the solution of installing vista, to get the drivers up and running, and then VMing linux. Unfortunately Fedora doesn't VM particularly well (it doesn't go full screen etc) and so unfortunately, after a long relationship this is where I may have to swtich distro to Ubuntu or something that does VM properly.

Hopefully the drivers, will one day, be available and I can go back to Fedora as my defacto OS. It's sort of sad, but having been involved with Fedora since FC2, it looks like I finally have no choice but to drop it and move to vista (I hope, temporarily)

JK3MP
12th November 2008, 05:14 PM
Kinda Bumping an old topic but i thought best than start a new one...especially sinc so few posts in this one...but i TOO am trying to figure up if i can run Verizon WWAN card on my Fedora 8...anyone any advice or know if its even possible?

Santos da Lapa Travel Photos - largo do Pelourinho Salvador Bahia Travel Photos on Instagram