PDA

View Full Version : Samba permissions problem.

Pezzoni
8th September 2006, 04:24 PM
I've just started again from scratch on my Fileserver, installing FC5, but I am having a few problems with Samba.

The first, and strangest, is that I have an inability to create folders on a mounted share. I can create files, delete files, open files, but can neither create or delete folders. I am running as the user Dan in Linux (the user can create folders absolutely fine when directly logged in to Linux), the mounted folder has Dan as the owner, and smbusers (of which Dan is a member) as the group, and is CHMOD'd to 777 anyway, in an attempt to make this problem go away. The share is set to be writable in Samba, and I am part of the group which has permission to write to the share. I've updated Samba to the latest version with Yum.

Any help would be wonderful... I can't figure this one out :(

Thanks,

Dan

djvaporz
8th September 2006, 06:08 PM
Look at the selinux, try to turn it off. Do this as root setenforce 0, temporary turns off selinux...

Pezzoni
8th September 2006, 06:12 PM
And it worked! Thank you very much.

Does SELinux do enough for me to need to actually fix the problem within it, or can I just leave it disabled permanently?

Thanks again,

Dan

jhetrick62
9th September 2006, 05:31 AM
If your server is a local network server only, leave it off. If it is accessed over the open internet for other services, you may have more to consider.

Jeff

Phatthalung Travel Photos - Balingen - Praia Photos on Instagram