PDA

View Full Version : Need to re-login after suspend/resume

mcli
12th July 2006, 12:36 AM
Hi All,

I have Fedora Core 5 installed on my ThinkPad T43. Everything works great so far except that when I resume after a suspend to RAM, I have to log in again, and I lose the session prior to suspending. I'm running KDE.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

-Maurice

newfc2user
14th July 2006, 03:31 PM
I had exactly the same problem. Turns out the solution for me was a bad display mode in X.

Check you /etc/xorg/xorg.conf. Do you have a display mode that is of higher resolution that you are not using? For example, your current display mode is 16-bit 1024x768 but the Display option for 16-bit alos includes "1280x1024". If you don't know what I am talking about, please post your /etc/xorg/xorg.conf here and we can take a look.

What happens is that while booting, X skips over the display resolution it cannot support. Since at that time you do not have a session, a new session and login are presented. However, coming out of suspend, X tries to apply the bad resolution for the current session. Since that fails, it kills your current session and starts a new session with the lower resolution.

xblx
14th July 2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks, that was very helpfull. Finally I can suspend without loosing all apps running on X.

Terme Photos - Zanjan - Uusikaupunki Travel Photos on Instagram