PDA

View Full Version : FC5 Install only sees 1 of 2 SATA HDs

akukucka
26th March 2006, 09:55 PM
Hello! I have been attempting to install Fedora Core 5 onto a Maxtor 120 GB SATA1 drive that is plugged into an nv_raid port on my Asus A8NSLI Deluxe mobo. The drive is solely used for linux - no Windows partitions on it. I have another drive, a Western Digital 320 GB SATA2 drive that Windows lives on.

The problem is, Anaconda does not even give me the option to install to the 120 GB drive! It only allows me to install to the 320 GB drive, and I obviously don't want to install it there! What's even odder is that Anaconda calls the 320 GB drive sdb2, seemingly because it *does* see the Maxtor HD. Or it could be because I also have a Plextor SATA DVD burner in this system also.

Has anyone else seen this / have any solutions?

Thanks!

Adam

gladd8tor
26th March 2006, 10:11 PM
Hi ... I am new to this linus system but I do know windows , any ways my point is , How about you trying to remove the cable/power from your motherboard of your WD hard drive and only have your Maxtor plug in , See if that works , If it does ? Then replug the power back to your WD hdd

Kanpur City ,Uttar Pardesh - Peschici Centro Storico Photos on Instagram - Calabar Free Trade Zone Travel Photos on Instagram